Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday 6 April 2011

15 day Challenge, Day one

Self portrait picture, and 15 interesting facts.

 I literally just took this, and this post is a day late already. I got a little caught up in my family history yesterday spending 6 hours fiddling around with the family search website. I decided I wanted to add one of the most important possessions I own. That old teddy bear I've had since I was 11 days old. He's been with me through some of my most important moments in my life, sad, happy, sick, healthy, kinda like an awesome husband only no one can replace Mike. He produces heat and is well, living. Having that teddy in this picture helps show how loyal I am. Sure I've lost him once in a while, but I always find him again. I treat my really good and close friends the same way. Even if we get lost, we'll find each other again.

On to the facts about me. So here we go.

Fact 1. I am Chinese. 

Well to be clear, I'm 1/8 Chinese. I may have to take a picture of the picture we have of my great, great, great grandfather and post it up here. I think it comes from my grandmothers family whose mother came from a Chinese mother. If this is wrong I'll totally correct when I start looking on her side of the family. Either way when I came into the world looking a bit yellow, I scared the doctors and they had me tested for Liver problems. Turns out, they didn't expect me to look a little Asian.

Fact 2. I write Fan Fiction.

Yup, I started about 3 years ago. I can't express how much my overall writing has progressed, let alone my story plotting. I created most of my characters based on a game I play called City of Hero's. Only recently have I begun to create characters that are able to stand outside of the City of Hero's world. Maybe one day I'll write a book, in the mean time practice is fun. I'll even share a post I made to a forum. The piece is titled "Dream Safe." for my favorite character Ashlyn.

'I do this all the time. It's important. The guiding of the pencil upon the pad of paper, the soft scratching noise as the lead adds shades of gray to bring about an image. I've been doing this for a while. Feeling the smile upon my face as I completed the drawing. This one I found to be really interesting. I think I will find very interesting things in this school.

I had to record this, he was doing it before I even started to do anything, but I watched anyways. Sometimes its just nice to watch and be unnoticed. I won't lie, it was kinda gross but sometimes, that how they are. Rummaging in and organ fridge replacing his parts. It was interesting, because he looked normal but he really wasn't.

My finger tips trace the edge of the paper as I inspect the art work. Blood, metal, organs and he was in action of replacing it. It worked enough for me. So I couldn't forget and now I could recreate it for him. If I wanted to. Maybe I will. See what he does when he finishes instead of getting knocked out by me.

Upon knee I lean over to peer under the desk I am at. There it is. My little safe. Holding two pieces of art work I put them upon the safe. Pulling on the sides I pull it out. It's beige sides greet me as the lights in the room meet it. I pull out the key from a drawer and open the safe. I pull out the two other papers and place them all side by side.

The first is my favorite. It is long and really tells the story well. A small chest, with strange markings on it opened. I used red for that one, for the orb that was found was glowing red. The walls were neat as well, Old hooded mages carved into it. I helped her sleep. She wasn't sleeping well. I put the Art back into the safe.

The second, an open field. With long prairie grass and floating fuzzy seeds all about. In the center and man dressed in white, in the lotus position taking the beautiful view in. He knew. He knew right away it was me. I don't fully trust him. No nobody just knows. That's not how it works. I think now there is more to him then he realizes. He thought it was another world. I'll let him think that. I'm not ready to tell everyone.

The third, was really simple. A hand holding a chain that was coming out of a chest. Switching places with the organ art, now they were in order. I pile them and put them into the safe. Closing it and locking it I slide it back under the desk. I return the key to the drawer.

I'm tired, I need some sleep. I can't sleep alone.. So I get up and start to look for someone who is sleeping.'

Fact 3. I like Old Things

From old cartoons, like Transformers and She-ra, to Old appliances, like the 1950's GE Toaster I'm trying to fix or the 3 1970's or older sewing machines I have, I just cannot get enough of them. Nothing thrills me more then to walk into some grandparents house and see all the little antique's decorating the place. Porcelain dolls, old tools, old toys and all sorts. It's what made Santa Baby such fun to work on, they had some REALLY old stuff there and it was amazing. I think the oldest thing I own was given to me from my dad, it's an old hymn book in French published in 1918 (I think). From what I can tell it belonged to a Albert Bascher, and my dad found it somewhere. You can't read the front but the inside pages are just fine. 




Or the oldest thing I have is this hat, made when you had to go to a hat store and they made you a hat just for your head, no tags at all on the inside. If I remember right this one was ordered and made in Edmonton? Still has it's personal Hat box too! Made from mink, and it has this lovely place for your hair bun so it wouldn't ruin it.




Fact 4. I'm in the Movies!


Not that it's really a big deal, I'm not with any actual lines or anything. Just a happy background grunt to help fill the scene for the Director so things look busy. I have however gotten the great chance to meet some pretty famous people, in which I'm thankful I'm not someone who really cares about Celebrity Gossip, otherwise I think I would have been far more starstruck. Which would have led to a far more embrasing moment, in stead I watched this one background extra force herself to squeeze behind Tori Spelling, her two kids and Dean McDermott watched as this girl almost spilled her lunch all over the three, just so she could sit beside them.



Here's the list of some the Flicks I've been an Extra for, since I don't remember them all.
Touch the Top of the World
Resurrecting the Champ
Santa Baby
Santa Baby 2

No comments:

Post a Comment