Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday 27 June 2011

Facebook Pet Peeves


Yup, we all have them. So I figured I'd do quick list of mine, most of these have to do with some of the newer things I've been seeing on Facebook. So no, I'm not going to comment on how dumb the "Poke" button is.

10. Spelling.

Now, I do understand that yes, some words do in fact are tricky in the delightful world of English. However, and I do mean this, if your using a good browser (like Firefox or Chrome anyone still using Exploder needs to update.) it comes with a BLOODY SPELL CHECK. Not even just that, you have the power of Google that will even try and figure out what you're trying to say. So if you are trying to spell 'finally' and end up ' finley"  with there is something really wrong.

9. TMI Status/photo's ect

You all know the one. Usually hinting at some sort of sexual innuendo or maybe it's just something you never ever wanted to read. Such as, pigs making a messy messy poop, or someone motor-boating some chick, or even the 'Come and get some action lover' status, or some one talking about the nasty hang over they have while messing some **** up or finally some ones bare nekked butt letting it all let lose and pretty much mooning everyone that's friends with them. Sadly you can never unsee anything, but you can try to forget. Not like this one is newer or anything, I just really wanted to comment.

8. This is not Twitter, stop putting status up like it is.

I hate Twitter, the concept, the fact it encourages that evil lazy text messaging typing (ie: Im 2 cool 4 u peeps lolz), that and you need to learn the Twitter language. I have my own Trippy speak, I don't need Twitter speak. I don't need to know every single time someone pisses you off, your hockey team scored during that 20 minutes of game time, or even if your taking a poop. Status, once in a while, not every 5 minutes or even seconds apart from each other. If your that lonely get a dog and tell it those things.

7. Blah and Blah are now friends because of Blah event.

This is really new. If you have an event on Facebook, two people you know say they are attending aren't friends on Facebook but have known each other for a long long time. These two people decide to add each other to their Facebook accounts. Suddenly it's because of the event.  Auto assuming. The new auto correct.

6. You don't talk to this person, Auto hide their stuff!

This one was kinda rude. Since I do enjoy some fan stuff and stalking peoples Facebook pages. (It's what it's for right?) So once I actually fixed the settings so that it stopped it. I was kinda blown away by how much crap actually ended up on my news feed. Few more adjustments and I'm not getting updates every hour from some of the "liked" Fan pages. Happily creeps on peoples Facebook pages with much greater ease.

5. 94% of people won't repost this, so post this as your status, even if it's just for an hour to help raise awareness about cancer/sick/pedo's/life issue here.

Really? Why don't you go donate money towards to whatever it is and challenge people to do that instead of just useless status that does nothing for them. Heck, informative Youtube videos's are better then these.

4. Spam

Seriously, do people just not have the will power to not click something that looks like some chick is exposing a breast? Or something that says, OMG 14 year old gets walked in on by her father!!! Just don't, report it as spam and carry on with your day. Don't know how? Here. The black circle is where you'll find that hidden X, click it and the drop down box of magic reporting will appear.

3. I just put up status for the comments/ Good night Facebook!

This is just as bad as people putting up photo's for the likes. Which adds to the growing population that would fall in to the category of the joke, If Facebook closed today there would be millions of kids running around with photo's screaming DO YOU LIKE THIS?!?! DO YOU!?! If you need this much re affirming for everything you post... It may be time to look at why your on Facebook. If your on there to feel popular, I assure you, you don't have that many real friends. You probably have 5 or maybe 10 not 300 or even 2000. I have 300 friends listed on my own profile, I don't know all of them that well. I enjoy the posts that many of them put up, or just to give a quick check to see what's going on in their lives.

Goodnight Facebook! Good-morning Facebook! Lets get one thing straight, you are not actually saying goodnight to Facebook which in fact is a matter of Code in a digital world. In fact, you are trying to say goodnight to every single one of your 300 "friends" who just might happen to be on, even if you haven't sent anything to them in a month. Do you really need to say good night to Facebook? No no you don't.  

2. Questions. IE So and so asked this question.

If you really want to know my answer, send me a message and ask. You don't need a special poll to ask the world.

1. I hate Facebook, But yet I'm still on it....

This one.. self explanatory.

No comments:

Post a Comment