Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday 10 June 2011

Garden of Earthly Delights!

It's so sunny and wonderful out it's been amazing. A few weeks ago now I cleared out my balcony of all the dead plants, some of which have just been sitting there for 8 years... okay most of them if not all, of the pots I set up in my first attempt at having a little place of greenery out there. They all died out there horribly when I started to ignore them due to my life starting to make some interesting turns and not fun twists. ( Taking care of plants is one way to tell how well you'll do in a relationship. It's a responsibly thing, apparently I sucked 8 years ago.)

So, because of that I forced myself not to go by or in garden center's because I didn't have enough time to take care of them ( I was busy chasing other things *cough cough*). However, cleaning out those dead ones left me with empty pots. Here I am growing and nurturing a baby on my inside and here are these sad empty pots with nothing inside....


So I filled them up! This is one of 7 pots of plants I now have. Pretty little flowers and I bought some full sun ones in my attempt to get part sun ones. So I was worried about how they would turn out. God smiled, and they are doing just fine for now.

I'm pretty sure this was the smallest, saddest little cherry tomato plant Mike could find. Look it the tiny widdle leaves! So this is Mikes's addition to the little garden, and he's leaving it to me take care of it. So I am, and it's doing pretty darn well. It's got some more leaves and as you can tell (kinda) it's not so sad. Which makes me happy mainly because it was one of those full sun plants.  Eventually I'll need a bigger pot for him, I think. I'm a very novice tomato plant person. I'll probably ask my mom or maybe one of my more tomato savoy friends may leave a comment? If anything I'll read on Google too. More information the better. Education is a good thing. I'm excited to see if I can actually make it grow some tomato's. It'd be the first plant that I've grown that would make food since like gr 5 when they give you that bean to grow. ( I killed that one too)

So since I was taking pictures, the little photographer inside also came out with the little old lady gardener that came out a few weeks ago. So I played with my camera, something I haven't done in a while. It was enjoyable figuring out what did what. I was taking a photography course at SAIT for digital graphic design, and only got to the first photography course. I still learned a lot and I'll probably just do it as a hobby.

Of course my main subject just happened to be Yellow. An African Daisy that finally bloomed for me!



Isn't it cute!


It just makes me wanna smile. It's so bright and happy!


I just love the texture in this one. Complete with little specs of pollen!


One of the other flowers that bloomed. This one didn't have it's own pot so I didn't spend nearly as much time on it, but this is my background on my computer now. I'll update this one as my little plants grow and get more flowers. As you can see there are more coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment