Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday 18 May 2011

15 day Challenge, Day Fifteenth

Day 15 - pictures of your dream house.

My dream man, he likes to Dream
asdhnjhfua!

Dream house? Honestly that has always been one of those things I never really cared for. I'm more about the people in said dream house then the actual house it's self. Much like planning a wedding, which I didn't start at the sweet age of 12 like a lot of girls do. I only really wanted two things. 1. My dress. 2. Dad walks me down that magical path. Both of which I got and I'm very happy with how that turned out. So I have my dream man to help me make my dream house more dreamy in what ever we live in. In fact he has this very large and elaborate dream home. In his head he'd like to have and live in. Usually as he tells me this the back of my mind is saying, you better make a lot of money to afford that, A LOT. Dreams are a loud to be big, so why not let him?

Solar panels! Not so ugly eh?

However, I think the favorite thing I like about about the Dream house of Mike is that it's going to be the most environmentally friendly house ever. Complete with solar panel roofing. Not those big ugly panels, but something that looks like roofing. I enjoy the idea of being able to save as much energy as possible. (Lower bills!) That and if something horrible happens to the power, well the house can run it's self. No more black outs! (Maybe, not sure but hey one can be hopeful.

I feel like I'm turning a slight bit into a hippy about saving energy and being more energy wise, but it's a good thing. For instance, Mike and I really want one of the plug in hybrids due to come out in the next few years. 20 miles on electricity when gas is $1.40? Heck yes. That will really take us off our dependency for oil and gas. Unlike those don't buy gas on so and so date to try and lower gas prices. (*cough cough what a joke! cough*).

Back to the dream house. I want it to be clean. Yes, now I know some of you know me really well and are well aware that I use to be the anti clean. I always seem to have this one or two piles of stuff that's kinda messy. I'm almost willing to bet that I'll have this appartment the way I want it to look just in time to move again. Not taking into consideration that my cleaning nesting phase really hasn't tried to smack me in the face. Maybe I'll just go insane during the remaining 10ish or so weeks and Mike will walk in and wonder if he came into the right place.

I know the one thing I really want is hardwood flooring. Not just plain boring hard wood flooring, I like art, so something to give it a little more character. I like how it looks, sharp, clean, lovely and so much more. However I do want a dog. ( just spelt it backwards perfectly twice in a row.. "I do want a god.") Dogs like to slip and slide on wood, nails like to leave markings in it. So there will have to be consideration about what it's made of and what not. Take care of that bump when we actually get there.




See the layered seating for awesome viewage?
Now I'll talk about one of the things Mike really wants in the house. Basement Theater. Not the big screen, with the awesome leather couch and snack bar, but the full on theater seating, wicked sound system with a projector. Which could be a lot of fun. I know a few people who have done this and they love it. I think it'll be a great entertaining idea. Something tells me the kids are gonna have movie night at our house a lot. Which I don't mind the idea of. This is Mike's dream to have and he has it all planed out in his head.

But yes, dream house? I don't have anything set in stone, but Mike does. I'll happily let him dream away and support him in it. Besides isn't that what marriage is all about anyways? Sharing dreams with each other and helping the other achieve those dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment