Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday 6 March 2011

Welcome to my world

Well, here I am. In the world of blogging, I've spent a few days trying to figure out the direction I want to take this. I've finally settled on a few things.

Sometimes, I have a lot of things to say. Often, I lack the vocabulary to portray the things I want to share and I lose my points in the midst of distraction. As some of you know, or don't know. I'm mildly ADD with Dyslexia. This is why I have some of these struggles. I recognize that I have made great leaps in overcoming the Dyslexia, but I still struggle with it from time to time. So with this, I hope to focus, overcome and grow for the better. So please excuse any spelling or grammar errors, I'll try to edit as best as I can.

While, in the goal of self improvement in the way that I display my thoughts, I also want to help others. I'd like to inspire, uplift, humor, and entertain with this blog. So expect a variety of things to inspire from this.

In the spirit of Sunday, and more importantly fast Sunday, I'm going to share a bit of my testimony.

March is a special month for me spiritually. It's the time of year when I willingly invited Mormon missionaries to my apartment with the real goal of learning something about it. The previous encounter I had with missionary's was 6 months prior and mainly was done in jest. I realized in the few months before that I was dying in my morals, beliefs and my personal integrity. My personal younger self would have been so ashamed of what I was in 2007. So I invited them to help restore some of those things I valued as a younger child and not join the Church. (Who wants to be a Mormon really. They all have creepy smiles.) Instead, I was brought something I wasn't expecting.

In those lesson's in March 2007, I learned about the supposed existence of a prophet of God and this conference held at the start of April where he speaks to all of us. I was invited to attend. Skeptical, I went. There, I heard some of the most profound words, statements that started a great change in my life. I'll never forget those two talks. After that, the missionaries had my full attention. In a few short months, with more and more different and life changing events that where so personal, I ended up joining the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

Almost four years later, I'm a different person. I had my fair share of bumps, falls and issues during those years. What can you expect when you make such a change. Going from Wicca to Mormonism is a huge lifestyle change. I can tell you it was worth it. I know that God lives and that he loves me. I know that all of the events in my past led me to this point. It was with the great help of my missionaries, God, Christ and the Church that helped me make this great change.  With out it, I know I would have ended up a much different person. Being a Latter Day Saint, has changed me forever. I know that there was a restoration of the priest hood happened. I've felt the difference between having the spirit once in a while to having it all the time. I know that it's all true.

I'm excited for the journey I have a head of me. I'm expecting our first child. I could not ask for a better husband. Mike is amazing. He works so hard, supports me and lifts me up everyday. Home would not be home if he wasn't apart of my life.

Also, Congratulations to both of my Missionaries. (Elder) Brett Alred and (Elder) Mitch Dumke  on their engagements this year (It's about time! <3).

Til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment