Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday 9 March 2011

Five months down Four more to go.

Pregnancy.

The Woman's frontier, these are the voyages that many take. Our continuing mission to explore strange new worlds, to bring about new life and the next generation and to boldly go where some never dare to go.  

(Cue music, and yes I'm a nerd.)

Yes, pregnancy is it's own little world of experiences. Or at least it feels like it.

The never ending sickness.
Aka, the first Trimester:

Now given this, I feel very blessed that I didn't have a real rough first three months. However, I did not escape the very inappropriately named 'Morning sickness.' I felt sick all the time, spells of dizziness and weakness. Some days it felt that it really would have been better to vomit my insides out then to keep the constant nausea. The two times I did manage to vomit? Came so out of the blue that there really wasn't much warning other then my brain telling me that, 'Hey, you're gonna puke now.'

As a result, I made the discovery that my time was better spent sleeping. Apparently, this helped me feel better during the times that I was awake. This is also where I was very glad and thankful that I left my job at Sport Mart, asides from the fear that I'd faint while up on the ladders, and that my husband took on the office aspect of my job that Apx (now Vivint.). Once that was set up, I could sleep, and work, and sleep some more, and sleep. You get the idea, I tried to sleep away my morning sickness.

Then there's the other things. Your body changes. When I got upset, things got and still get a little ugly. Mostly my eyes develop this never ending leak and I can't do anything to stop it, which then upsets me more. It's been a good thing I don't get to upset often. Your body chemistry changes too. Which is always fun when your favorite perfume suddenly sinks horribly with you. All sorts of other joys go with that too.

Sore body, and you can't even have a nice hot bath anymore to help. Thankfully hot showers are still okay. I celebrate the fact that I live an big apartment complex, there is never a shortage of hot hot water. (Fist pump!)

Holy crap I feel fat, look at that belly!
Aka The second Trimester:

Let me tell you, after being this tiny tiny toothpick of a person for so long, discovering that your clothing no longer fits is a bit of a shocker. No matter how cute you look with a baby bump when most of your clothing turns into sweat pants, old work shirts and the loosest church clothing you had are now tight enough that it feels like they risk cutting off blood flow is just a foreign concept. I still look at myself side ways and have a minor Wow moments. One day for giggles, I decided that I'd see how far I could suck my tummy in. The results, I did pretty darn good and also discovered Bubbles didn't like the idea. Not repeating that one I tell you, but it was a very interesting sensation. However, I will get use to the fact that having a preggy belly does equate to supper cute. It's fun.

However the extra curves are fun. Because that means I'm really feeling bubbles move around. Means the joys of being kicked. Thankfully Bubbles isn't big enough for rib cage shots but bladder shots are very fair game. Ow. Being kicked is nothing like the flutters and I really can't think of words to try and describe it, it's really something you have to feel. The closest is it's like a super little heart beat that goes off just once by your belly. What's also fun, is how Mike reacts to it. My favorite is when I came up behind him and then Baby bubbles started kicking. I like to think he was trying for Mikes bum.

Most of the really cool things happen in the 2nd Trimester so far. Where the first you feel like the parasitic relationship you got yourself into is not worth it, you eat those feelings during this time. Well, at least I have. All of my gross feelings have been removed, well, all but the dizzy and only if I stand up to fast. Apparently blood flows a little differently while pregnant. Hormones also stick around.

Now, I haven't had any real weird cravings. No pickles and ice cream here. It's more of I want a lot of something. For example. Milk. I couldn't get enough of it and I would pound back a 4l jug in two days. For now, that's gone away, but I'm sure I'll be pounding milk again soon. That and oddly enough Pespi is another thing I can't get enough of, but I can't drink a lot of it. Caffeine is one of those things that become a slight no no when you have a little one growing on the inside. So I'll have a small glass once in a while and I really space it out. It also seems that the caffeine goes right to bubbles for in a few short hours after wards there's a kicking party going on.

The random other things!

You can read, and read and read and still find out things you can and can't do. If discovering that Hot Baths and sushi are things you can no longer enjoy, they needed to let you know you can't have 90 min Massages and even an hour is a stretch. Apparently the toxins that those tight, knotted muscles release into you blood stream don't agree very well with pregnant women. I did pretty good after wards, til I sat down. Gross feeling washed over me, so I downed some water and had a nap. I'm excited for my Epsom Salt bath, pull out those nasty toxins! I also learned that having an Epsom salt bath is like having a massage for pregnant ladies, so my fellow pregnant lady's. Go get some Epsom salts and enjoy a warm bath.

Also, maternity pillows. A gift from above. I've greatly enjoyed my Snoogle (it's funky and C shaped.). There's just something about the way it hugs you. It also doubles as a nursing pillow when Bubbles comes to the world. I love multi-purpose things. If you don't have a maternity pillow, I highly recommend it.

I'm sure the list of things, will grow as I get closer to the due date as I make other random discoveries or find somethings that are really interesting.

Til next time!

1 comment:

  1. I loved the into (Geek Power).
    This brought back memories of being the only male in a Feminist Lituraute class and having to respond to articles about pregnacy and birth. These topics and others are ones that I can't speak to. Nevertheless, it is amazing to hear about such things.

    ReplyDelete